Oct 10, 2011

I Think I'll Be Ready !

In 4 days the Guelph Studio Tour begins and runs through Friday evening to late Sunday afternoon ... and I'm almost ready ! I would have liked to have one more threadpainting done but I do have lots of new stuff to show this year.
The 'Knowth, Neolithic Passage Tomb' is finished except for the stretching and I'll have that done tomorrow morning. This picture is a scan of the actual threadpainting ... sometimes I get a better look at the work when I scan ... but the scanner bed is too small to include the border and outer boarder so I'll photograph it properly when I have it stretched.
I'll have one final pen & ink to frame and then all that's left to do is hang it all, tidy house, accessorize, place lights for best viewing and arrange for wine, cheese tray, goody platter for Fri.night.
I have been a member of the Studio Tour for about 6 yrs. now and I am seriously thinking of leaving the group for a couple of reasons. Mainly, I'm not having terrific sales and it is such a 'to-do' for me that isn't at all worth the effort that goes into it. And then, when I seriously thought about it, I realized that I do better and like it better when I make a piece of work for specific show ... whether with  Connections Fibre Artists or for a juried art show. I have had success selling pieces from a show and have garnered several awards from entering juried shows ... both of which boost my artistic self esteem greatly.
I have, tho', had a brilliant idea today involving a proposal to one of the other GST members for next year, should she say yes and I decide to give it one more shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.