May 8, 2012

Through The Reeds

Last month was a busy one for me ... I finished my house/dog-sitting and settled back into living at home among the other 6 members of my house-hold. I thought it might be 'tricky' after being away for 3 months but everything went smoothly and I managed to get my 2nd threadpainting (that I had started in January) finished.
At this same time, I was accepted into another art group, called The Harris Collective, and have been very busy doing some volunteer computer work for them since.
And ... would you believe it ?!! ... my new iMac was taken to the shop to receive a new brain ! The hard drive was factory defective !! ... but still under warranty ... yahoo !!!
Anyway,  'Through The Reeds' is my latest threadpainting and was inspired by a photograph taken (and borrowed with permission) by Wayne Bristow. He had posted it on his Flickr site and I was drawn to it over and over again.

I am very pleased with my interpretation and it will be presented at my first show with The Harris Collective. You are cordially invited to ;
"ARTISTIC LICENSE REQUIRED"
May 21 -July 1, 2012
Opening Reception ~ Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 7-9pm

Sharron Begg  fibre/ink
Richard Donovan  drawing/print
Lucy Ladham-Dyment  encaustic/mixed media
Nancy Farrell  painter
Jane Neff  clay
Jim Reed  painter

at the
Elora Centre For The Arts
75 Melville Street,
Elora, Ontario

Gallery & Office open Mon.-Fri., 9-5pm
Gallery open weekends 12 - 4pm

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Sharron! Your usual stunningly detailed work is such a delight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Arlee,
    Your comments are much appreciated !

    ReplyDelete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.