Nov 23, 2012

Took A Little Sanity Break

One of my favourite people is my mother's only sister, my Aunt Donna.
She and her children, are the only relatives on my mother's side that I have.
In the last 5 years we have renewed our relationship and she fills in a few blanks in my genealogy file.
She is a die-hard scrabble player and I have to work my butt off to even come close to beating her at the game !
Cooking is her art form (and I believe everyone has an art form no matter what !) and I eat so well whenever I go there. But that is not why I go there ... it is such a wonderful gift that she gives me ... a few days whenever I need to get away from the hustle and bustle that is my home ... a retreat back to a small rural town that plays prominently in my family's roots ... a chance to stop, breathe and count my blessings.
This past weekend we enjoyed the extra-ordinary fall weather, to step outside at night in shirt-sleeves, to breathe fresh air and stare up at a sky full of bright, shining stars !
The local farmers were also taking advantage of the weather and spreading another smell ... but this is just part of rural life and you just accept it.
A refreshing break and I am revitalized !
just outside the door to the north-west

lower in the sky some colour from the sunset still visible

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.