Jan 8, 2013

'Winter's Lace'

Winter's Lace
An update on the title for this piece; "WINTER'S LACE".
I am house-sitting again this year (since Jan.4) and have barely made it out of the big, beautiful lazy-boy here ! Nursing a nasty cold, I spent the weekend watching marathon's of some of the TV shows that I didn't get a chance to watch these last few seasons while barely getting out of my nightgown and wool socks. This cold/flu, that my kids and gr.kids have suffered through over the holidays with, has hit me, finally, and I haven't the concentration, or inclination, to get the bins of 'work' out to get on with it all. I did bring this piece along as I want to make my border a little stronger so that it won't fold inward after it hangs for a bit. I don't know for sure that it will but I don't want to take that chance. I have finally settled on a title ... hope you like it! 
I pinned it in front of a window to get that lace effect to show. The indoor lighting wasn't enough to show the true colours but it does look lovely hanging in front of the snowy outdoors.
Jan. 2012 photo, here where I house-sit, but it repeated itself a few days ago Jan, 2013 !

19 comments:

  1. That is just so beautiful. I love the lacy snowflakes falling from the bottom....lovely effect. It does remind me of the Group of Seven:) Very appropriate title too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mary Ann ... I hope to visit your blog later this week !

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful! And I too love those lacy snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly ... the snowflakes hopefully add to the peacefulness of this scene ... I will visit your blog soon !

      Delete
  3. It is beautiful, hope you will be feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila ... I am now feeling more clear-headed, but it's not gone yet ... I will visit your blog soon !

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful pictures....your work is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very beautiful - as is your winter photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. snow and lace. A great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just thrilled that you all like this latest work of mine !
    I started to reply individually but it is so much simpler to say to you all that I love and appreciate your comments and that I will be around to visit your individual blogs next week !
    And thank you so much for visiting my blog !!!
    Sharron / Threadpainter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your fascinating blog - via your comment on stitchworks-jackie's blog. It's addictive, this seeking out like-minded stitchers across the world and amazing what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pleased that you went searching for like-minded people !
    I do the same thing and went directly to your blog ... loved it ... even joined ! Like the way you think and I'm looking forward to knowing you better ... and thanks for the compliment !
    Sharron

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for visiting (and joining) my blog and for your lovely comments - most encouraging. Blogging is a relatively new departure for me and one I'm enjoying. It gives me a place to reflect on what I am doing - and it's great to get feedback.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it looks amazing in the window such a beautiful effect. hope your feeling much better too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am feeling so much better, even today, thank you, Nell.
    Went for my swim/walk in the pool, did a bit of necessary housework and I am having a friend in to discuss/compare notes on a 28 member, joint, fibre art project ... so the brain is geared to create !
    I love it hanging in the window, too !

    ReplyDelete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.