Mar 14, 2013

The last bloom was pitched today ... this stalk had 5 blooms ... but what a lovely thing to have had in my 'studio' everyday since January. It was hard to say good-bye. I did a little research and am going to see if I can get it to bloom again.

Yesterday it snowed here most of the day, never accumulating more than an inch at a a time and today the sun has been blazing (still cold tho') and a lot of snow has melted ... enough that I can see 3" daffodil and crocus leaves ! Hurrah !!

I have not been creative this last week and a half,  as so much has to be done about other 'things' ... I took up my ink pen for all of an hour yesterday! Worrying will wreck any ideas that start to develop, I've found.

That old adage that 'bad news come in threes' is starting to shape up ... + !
Funeral home tonight for the 93 yr. old father of a very dear friend ... another dear friend in surgery as I write ... a 100 yr. old friend of my mother's died yesterday (she sang at my sister's wedding) ... and now my mother-in-law is unable to eat or swallow.
I mention these not for sympathy but to acknowledge that there is more to life than whether or not I get to practise my passion. There haven't been many funeral's in my life for quite a long time ... it just seems that suddenly I have to stop and take stock.

Hoping thing's start to settle down soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.