Jul 31, 2013

It Has Teeth !

Having taken a step back, experiencing cooler temperatures, and after working on Lake Huron Sunset in the last couple of days ... I see that my Go7 piece needs some fine tuning. As much as I wanted more open work (as in the clouds) I think this granite point looks like an angry demon .... with teeth ! OMG ... there's the title  ... Granite Point !!!   Hurrah !
So, another bit of shrubbery (yes, that's what I was trying to convey ... 2 is not enough) and I'm going to cover the 'teeth' and try to tone down the brightness of the veins (blue) of colour running through the granite ... or not ... maybe some more grey veins in the large blue area would suffice. 
Funny how I didn't even see the teeth before ... it pays to hang a piece  (or look at it on your computer screen) before finishing ... now I will cut holes for some more shrubbery.
... detail, Granite Point

I am having such a good time with Lake Huron Sunset ! 
Yesterday I drew a cedar tree with sewing machine and thread on water-soluble straight from a photo copy by my side ... it came along fabulously until it looked like the trunk was getting 'wonky', so I added some guidelines with a wash-away making pen. 
I blocked it on a piece of styrofoam and the poured the water to it ... and left it to dry. 
Alas, where the pins were stuck, tiny pools of starch collected on each point and it wouldn't pull off ... after a few minutes I dropped the whole thing into my water bottle and took off for the afternoon (lunch and gallery crawling with my dear friend Helen) ... it it hanging to dry tonight and now I'm going to have a heck of a time when it comes to sorting out all the twists and turns when I hand stitch it to my canvas ! 
There's got to be a better way to maintain the shape and rinse away the starch.



... water-soluble rinsed away and tree drying

raining again !!! ... that straight down quiet kind of rain that lasts all day !
... hope this will dry !

12 comments:

  1. oh dear! But what a fabulous tree! hmm. it might be a good idea to brush those teeth now that you point them out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful ... but you sure have patience with your machine! I find I get exasperated at my inability to control the stitch lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CS ... patience yes, but I happen to love doing this work, so it's easy

      Delete
  3. oh, i wouldn't want to sort that out after drying :) Funny with the teeth on the first--one of my pieces looked like a face somewhat like that--had to twist the orientation and add more embroidery to disguise it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, believe me ... it was a mess this morning ... lol !
      ... but slowly getting the branches sorted out and stitched down.

      Delete
  4. Thank you elle ... the tree was fun ! ... and the teeth are having dental work !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny what shows up in our art. I look at life and see things also. Love your tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, and the same there ,,, you just have to step back and take a good, close look !

      Delete
  6. My goodness Sharron...you are having fun! Haven't started on mine yet....good grief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny ... this isn't my main piece (at least I have hopes for a bigger piece ;)) because I am having so much fun working with a few Go7 artists and their styles ... can't seem to help myself ! I am appreciating all of the works by the Go7 more and more.
      I sure am hoping you get inspired soon ... talk to your son's paintings ;) ...and you have beautiful landscapes, villages, etc., right there in NS ! Ok, I'll shut up now !

      Delete
  7. ooooooooooooooh that tree is gorgeous! ; )))

    your flickr page is my new home. I swear I could smell those lilacs!

    xo
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

  8. AAh ... thank you, Monika !
    Me too ! HAven't been there lately ... must get back and see my contacts and what they have been up to !

    ReplyDelete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.