Dec 31, 2013

Welcome 2014 !

I don't have anything smart, hind-sightful or astonishing to say for 2013.
It was much like every other year out of the last 65 that I have known. 
Lots of family, lots of friends, lots of life events and lots of art.
I will celebrate the end of it the same way that I usually do … a nice dinner out with hubby, a trip or two around the dance floor, a few glasses of Merlot, meet some new people and bring in the new year with champagne.
Then swiftly off to home where I will pull on a new, cosy nightie, cocoon myself in the duvet (-14C tonight) and sleep through the beginning of a brand new year.
Happy New Year Everyone !

Must get on with this … it's been waiting on me long enough !
Black thread sewn on grey, painted artists canvas … finished, this will be approx. 24"x30"

7 comments:

  1. Luv this scene and also your year end plan! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this drawing with a sewing machine - and in black on white too - such great negative shapes and contrast and lovely sense of movement ... inspiring!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the lovely comments !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the graphic quality of this piece. And yet it could be a photo!!! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sharron. I meant to pop in and say Happy New Year, and then was away until yesterday, so its late but I hope 2014 becomes a wonderfully creative year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dahn … Happy New Year to you, too !
    Do you have a blog that I could visit ?

    ReplyDelete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.