Jun 25, 2014

The Maitland River At Rothsay, ON



Finally ! ... this piece is all ironed in place and just waiting for the sewing machine
... but, I think I will leave the sewing until I am away camping in the fall.
Believe it or not, I think I will have more room to leave it under the needle in the trailer than at home ... unless I commandeer the kitchen table. The finished size will be 22"H x 38"L. My sewing table at home won't support it very well.
Original Sketch on brown paper and hand-painted fabrics.
My original photo of the Maitland River running through the small rural town of Rothsay, Ontario.
Final small bits ironed in place ... another gray day doesn't make for good photography.
closer view
It has been gray and rainy for the last few days and very humid.  The hardest part about putting this piece together was the reflected trees ... I am not good at math and this just felt like math to me. I have some of the painted fabric left and I hope to get another winter scene put together ... maybe these pieces will have a cooling effect on me ;)



4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I seem to be having trouble leaving comments today so one more time:)

    I think you have captured the reflections very well:) It's going to be a fabulous piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann ... I am very excited about this piece.

      Delete
  2. This is going to be wonderful. And how great to have it to look forward to during your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marny ... I am very anxious to get sewing !

    ReplyDelete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.