Aug 16, 2014

Made It ! ;)

It was due Friday, Aug. 15, 2014 and I was done the sewing on the 13th !
I let it rest a day and then my s-i-l and I put it on a stretcher frame (he has such strong hands ... thx Kevin !) ... he pulled & I stapled, on Friday. It had been a very hectic day, with many other things demanding our time but we finally got together and got 'r done at dinner time.
I have submitted it on-line and will not know until mid-Sept. whether it is accepted or not ... the show itself runs the month of October.

WINTER STREAM is from my own photograph taken in February of 2014 in rural Wellington County, Ontario, Canada. Being longer than most pieces I work on, I found this piece to be quite a challenge - having to roll it up every time I put it under the needle - so, quite a physical project ! Time for a machine with a longer arm ?
Progress Shots:



WINTER STREAM - Sharron Deacon Begg
20"x38" - hand-painted (acrylics) fabrics and thread

10 comments:

  1. It is a winner one way or the other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice of you to say ! Thanks Elle !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love the reflections in the water and you've really achieved the feeling of a cold, winter day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jane for your comments and for visiting my blog ! I intend to visit shortly.

      Delete
  4. Really really beautiful. You have so captured the icy coldness of it with your colours and I love the graphic quality of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Catherine ... I appreciate your comments very much !

    ReplyDelete
  6. strong composition.
    The threads add so much to the painting - so much.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much, Judy ! I kept myself in check for this one ... Using the KISS theory ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been away from your lovely blog for too long. This is absolutely stunning! It so deserves to be accepted.
    I love the way you've managed the reflection and the graphic almost abstract quality of it all. So KISS really works ... I must try it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi CS ... glad to have you back ... trust you had a great holiday ! I will check your blog tomorrow (just home from house-sitting, first things first ;)) Really appreciate your comments !

    ReplyDelete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.