Sep 29, 2014

A Spontaneous Sunday Drive.

This past week I delivered my latest work to the gallery ... a beautiful fall day out in the countryside. Alas, I had no camera, not even my phone. I was telling hubby about the stunning colours of the trees and we decided to go look again. The sky was becoming overcast ... we went anyway ! Seven hours later, with much good food in our stomachs (at a restaurant that was featured on TV's 'You Gotta Eat Here'), and 56 new photos on my camera, we arrived back home ready to put our feet up or lay down. The rainy weather that threatened, never arrived. 
We headed towards the art gallery and made our way north through some little towns and finally to Beaver Valley ... if the sun had been shining, those fall colours would have been glorious !


Beaver Valley from the truck








An orchard near Thornbury ... high fencing around Red Prince apples
http://redprinceapple.ca
Blue Mountain in the background
From the Beaver Valley look-out



wish I knew how deep the valley was ... time to do some googling
I have never stopped here long enough before to take a good look at some of the features of my own province.
Who needs to travel abroad when all of Canada lays before us ?

14 comments:

  1. OH do i miss those fall colours--calgary is yellow, yellow, shades of yellow, yellow and hues of yellow......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would miss them, too ... come back ! ;)

      Delete
  2. Yes, we are also making a commitment to get out and see our own province. The colours were especially good this year. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oh ...I am looking forward to photos of your excursions ! I may never make it across Canada, by land, but hooking up the trailer and heading out is on my bucket list ... if I can ever get hubby to come on board and get going before we are too weak and feeble ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm all - Ooooh! and Aaaaaah!!!

    Gorgeous.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought you might like these colours and terrain, Monika ! ;)
    As above, I am hoping to see your sweet prairies, one day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos and colours. I usually don't eat apples because they are not of good quality in the grocery stores but the apples in your photo actually made my mouth water. They look soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ... yup, I wanted to leap over the fence and grab a couple !
      The Red Prince apples are harvested in the fall, but 'rest and mature' until January. Originally from Europe and sold in Sobey's, Loblaws & Value Mart.

      Delete
  6. I have always said that I'd rather see my country first. Why get to see or know other countries when there is just so much Canada. It's different from one coast to the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that diversity and in one country !

      Delete
  7. What beautiful countryside....we don't get colour like that at this end of the country. And you say it would have been MORE glorious with sunshine???? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindo, muito lindo! Sua terra é linda!
    Um abraço!
    Beautiful, very beautiful! Your land is beautiful!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.