Sep 22, 2014

Hi !!! I'm Back !


 Just home last night after 3 weeks camping at Killbear Provincial Park in beautiful Georgian Bay. Great time even tho' 'Summer' quickly turned into a cold, rainy, windy Fall. 
I had my oldest granddaughter (19yrs) with me the first week (great, hot & sunny days) and my hubby the second week (lots of sun but getting cold at night) and alone the third week ... Fall came ! It really didn't matter what the weather was doing as I had my portable studio with me ;).
On one of the few occasions that I checked my email, this was waiting for me ....

Thank you for entering your work into the Wellington Artists' Gallery 3rd Annual Juried Show.  We had a good body of work to choose from, and the jurors took longer this year than ever to make their selections.  We would like to congratulate you on having your piece selected.  Please deliver your work  to the gallery on September 26th or 27th between 9:30a and 5:00p.  Your work will be considered for awards, and you will be notified if your work has been selected for an award.We hope to see you at the opening reception and awards ceremony on October 4th from 2 - 4.
SincerelyLynn 


Winter Stream
I made it ! ... no notification yet about any awards but I am very happy to have been juried in !
Then !!! 
Jurors Award winning 'Lake Huron Sunset', in a show at the Art Gallery of Burlington has been SOLD ! This piece, I was informed was 4th in the running for Viewer's Choice award !
Lake Huron Sunset

Well, that's my bragging done ... now to settle in and make some of the creative ideas I have in my head. While away I prepared a background to mount a piece of hand-stitching on that will be a part of a small travelling show that Connections Fibre Artists hopes to launch very soon ... the only stipulation was it had to be exactly 18"x18" ... we will get to see everyone's creation for the first time at a meeting in October.  
In one of my drives through the 700 acres of the park I took some inspirational photos.







8 comments:

  1. Oh, huge congratulations!!! Two times!! Wow, great news to be juried into the show and to have sold another of your pieces! And good to hear your camping trip was a success and how nice that you got to witness the seasons changing (as long as you were toasty warm!). And to have come back with lots of inspirational photos....a pretty eventful three weeks I would say! Good to have you back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to go camping again, if these are the results :) Congrats on both pieces of news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your comments ladies !!! You made me laugh.
    Thanks for the congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What success you've been having in my absence - and yours - I knew that beautiful Winter Stream piece would be a success. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Margaret ! I hope you are going to be around for a while now ;) Missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the two pieces you've shown here! Fabric/thread are not "my" media, and I amazed to see what can be done with it. Congratulations on the jury success & sale - it's always good to have one's work acknowledged/appreciated by others/publicly...

    ReplyDelete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.