Feb 15, 2015

Good News, Bad News, Sad News

I am just reeling from the news I received today !
I have been house-sitting for the last 9 days and my email inbox was full !

Good news !   ~   I won a CD from Fil as part of the Grow Your Blog Party (of earlier this month) ... fantastic ! Fil is an Irish folksinger ... can hardly wait to hear her beautiful Irish voice coming from my computer ;)

As well, Monika has announced her article has been published in STITCH magazine ... in which she has mentioned my name and my blog address :) I phoned our Chapters/Indigo store and they have a few copies (he thought, but may be an older issue .... the important thing is they carry it !)... I will check that out next week ;)



The bad news was to find that there is trouble in one of my daughters' marriage ... I am not surprised but disappointed, none-the-less.

The sad news ... to occupy myself (while trying not to get overly involved with my daughters news) I decided to catch up on my blogger friends ... many blogs later there was a message that Pam (The Crafty Mugwump) has succumbed to her disease. I had just gotten to know her a little before she wasn't posting much anymore ... her son broke the news. Rest in peace, Pam.



18 comments:

  1. Oh my, isn't it something how life can give with one hand and take with another? I'm sorry about the bad news the loss of friends even cyber ones can be sobering and we always grieve for our children when they experience troubles. I can't help but worry for them. On the plus side you should expect some more blog visitors from that magazine article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ain't life grand !! Today is Family Day, here in Canada, and it's going to be hard to be 'up' and not dwell on it for the sake of the grandkids. It is amazing how the loss of a cyber friend can affect you :(
      We can only look forward to tomorrow. Thanks Patricia ;)

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry about the hard news. Glad you jad some happy sparks to balance it a bit. Take good care and thank you for being such a wonderful inspiration. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika ... the happy sparks came once more last night when I was informed of another 'win' in the GYBP.
      If I am your inspiration then I am in a good place ;)

      Delete
  3. I, too, was very sorry to hear of Pam's passing. And I'm sorry for the pain your daughter (and you too) must be going through. And so some bright sparks coming to you at this time will hopefully help to ease it all somewhat, Isn't life the strangest thing...as we move through it, it seems to become more and more bittersweet. Breathe deeply......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Pam a lot ... she was always happy and encouraging, as you know. I feel for her family. I am breathing very deeply ;) for the sake of my own. Thanks Marny

      Delete
  4. Such sad news about Pam and I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. It's good that you had some better news as well to brighten your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi ;) The day has proven to be very bright ... the sun is strong, strong enough to hurt your eyes, but not strong enough to dispel the awful, freezing temps this week ... brrr !

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your win! Commiserations on your daughter's news (know how that feels). Condolences on the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peg ... hope you are feeling better and thank you ;)

      Delete
  6. HUGS for the good, the bad and the sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle ... hugs are great healers ;) Hope you are well ... will be by for a visit soon.

      Delete
  7. Oh goodness. Such a mixture of emotions. Well done, I'm so sorry, and what a shame. It is amazing that your name is in print though - enjoy that. Take care, J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, Sharron! What a week. I am happy, sad and sorry for you all at once. Let's try to focus on the happy and see how that goes. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The week that was ! Trying to focus on a blogpost in the next few days ... thread painting done and anxious to show it. Thank you Carolyn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so sad to hear of Pam's death. I too loved her blog and her comments on mine. I know we will all miss her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does make you think about our future plans for just such an event, doesn't it ? :(

      Delete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.