Jul 8, 2015

My Conscience Kills Me !

My conscience kills me !
I had lots of energy early this morning and was itching to get to my latest piece of work ... but ... my conscience said  'take a wee moment and wash the bathroom floor, then you will have the whole day to 'art' in the peace and quiet of your empty house (family of 7 & I was the only one home !!! oh boy, oh boy ).
And I wouldn't feel guilty of spending my whole day with my passion ;) Right ?
 

So, tidied up the kitchen, gathered the garbage from kitchen & bath, swept down the stairs so that I could gather up all 'that' with the sweepings from the bathroom (where they meet), cleaned the sink and the toilet again ... oops, my little standing cupboard needed a good wiping ... so did the window frames ;(.
Tidied the curtains.  Washed the bathroom floor and ... what the heck ... washed the stairs, too.
Time for a cookie ... damn !!!! .... 3 of the family were back home :( !!!
taken with my phone from underneath the blooms
... miniature hoya with 20+ blooms on it this year
The plant, that graces that little standing cupboard, needed to be brought back in from the porch where I had put it to enjoy the day-long rain we had yesterday ... oops the porch needed a good sweeping ... might as well rearrange and tidy the potted plants out there as well.
Whew ... washed, but still not dressed ... enjoying another coffee while I check the computer and it's 11:30 already !!
So much for a whole day in my studio ... damned conscience !
Mundane post, I know, and if you have read this you probably have a similar story, but it comes after I had just read The Spoon Theory which is such a good way to describe the 'spoons' I have used up already today and it is now 12:30 pm.
Now off to make my bed and get dressed ;)

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful conscience you have ;-) (a lot better than mine !)

    Waiting to see what happens under the sewing machine ....
    That Hoya !!! I had one many years (ago) but it "is" no longer. I love the
    sweet scent of the honey ;-)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi Els,
    Trust me when I say that my conscience only works some of the time ;)
    This hoya is a miniature and it's blooms, although identical to the larger hoya, have no sweet perfume :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family might wish I had a better conscience - not that I often achieve artistically what I set out to achieve in a day. I seem to get so easily side-tracked ... and there is of course this medium to occupy hours that I hadn't planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family might wish I had a better conscience - not that I often achieve artistically what I set out to achieve in a day. I seem to get so easily side-tracked ... and there is of course this medium to occupy hours that I hadn't planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being side-tracked is the easiest thing on earth to do ! I spend a lot of time doing just that ... luckily, not so much once I actually get to my work ... and very hard to pass by the computer and not turn it on ;)

      Delete
  5. ah, yes! been there, done that. and far too often. It feels good to have some actual work accomplished but not so good to feel like I am procrastinating. vbsigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did feel good to get that work done ! But the afternoon did not amount to what I had hoped to accomplish, darn ! You work very hard around your place, Elle, and a big property to keep !
      Today will be better, right ? ;)

      Delete
  6. My daughter-in-law has a conscience, but I think she calls it her cleaning lady!! But you must be feeling very pure and imagine how it will translate into wonderful stitching tomorrow. I hope you can get some 'you' time again soon, at which time you must walk directly to your studio, do not pass 'go' and definitely do not pass any cleaning supplies!! Lovely hoya, btw. The blossoms don't look real, do they??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love a conscience like that ! I've often thought about hiring someone but I look around and the thought of all the cleaning up I'd have to do first, put the damper on that thought ... lol !
    Love your advice !
    My Dr., when I was pregnant with my 4th child told me the very exact thing when I phoned to say, 'my water broke, do I have time for a shower ?'

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sooo describes how most of my days go. I get distracted by my must do list and suddenly the day is gone and I have zero energy left to spend in the sewing room *sigh* I envy those who seem to have unlimited energy but that's just not me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you, Patricia ... wish we could harness just an iota of someone else's energy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judging by the response to your post,many of us have the same problem. Clean the kitchen floor and then you have earned some me time!
    Congratulations on arranging the exhibitions,nice to have a focus.
    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.