Sep 1, 2016

Almost Couldn't Get Here !

Oh, my goodness ! What a hassle ! 
I've been trying for weeks to get back into my blog and ... well, I just hate usernames and passwords !!!!    I guess I should accept that it's nobody's fault but my own ... too many sites to belong to, too many different passwords, too many changes different from other passwords ... too many slips of paper ! Wouldn't it just be easier to have only one username and one passwords for all the sites one joins ?

Well, now that I've ranted a little ... how is everyone ? 
Seems I have been visited, lately, by someone who didn't translate ... which I deleted ... and he/she was irritated enough to post a lot more 'stuff' in my comments. I don't recognize the language or I would attempt to find out how to translate it ... or not.
It has been a busy, hot, humid summer and now that September is here, I am packing up my gear to head off for my annual camping trip ... well, really I live in a very nice little trailer ... for most of the month, by myself, with the occasional visitor. My hubby, of 44 years, will join me for the 1st 10 days ... then 15 days on my own, sewing, drawing, vegging, communing with the forest and its wildlife and the occasional dip in beautiful Georgian Bay !
Beaver Dams Beach
Evening on Granite Saddle Beach

I have 2 projects packed and ready to go with me.  
Another portrait, this time of my maternal grandmother who, it seems, was as unkeen as I am about having photos taken ' cause there is only 2 that I am aware of ! So some work, and imagination, & some guessing will be involved to bring her portrait into the realm that I have been working in with in my own portrait and Esther's own mother, Margaret (see previous posts). So lots of fun ahead !
Esther Irene (Currie) Deacon
The 'architectural' piece is based on a lovely photo taken by Maggie Vanderweit from her trip to Costs Rica, recently ;) A few years ago, I had inherited a piece of painted (?, not sure) muslin and the colour fit perfectly as the plastered 'face-lift' of an old archway that was now falling away and revealing the old brick work underneath. The fabric has a feel of plaster to it. My sewing machine may not like working with it at all !!!! The old brickwork pieces have been laid under cut out sections of the 'plaster' so that, if done the way my minds' eye sees it, it will actually look like the plaster has fallen away. All pieces of the old brick work have now been placed and 'wonder-under'ed under the cutouts.  Wish me luck !





16 comments:

  1. Oh that is a wonderful piece to start with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arlee ... I am very excited to add stitching !! So worried, tho', that I'll be needing a lot of needles and will have to be cleaning and oiling my machine every 1/2 hr ;(

      Delete
  2. Looks like you are in for a wonderfully simple time. alone! ;^) I'd not mind a trailer on a beach!!! I have been simplifying the whole log in process now. What a great big pain! But what a great start for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does so much for me to have this 'alone' time in the wilderness ... it is my official start to a new year for me. Mind you, there are lots of humans around but no one I know ... I can make contact or not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric does look like brickwork/plaster. It will be an amazing piece of work when finished. Yes I think you better take a large supply of machine needles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ;) ;) ;) Just loaded more needles and my oil in my bag ! Thanks for your comment Mary Ann !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is going to be fabulous!!! Have a lovely holiday (I'm sure you will). Can't wait to see what you fill it with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Marny ! Progress photos will have to wait 'til I get home or until I have a chance to connect to the wifi somewhere, but I'm sure you'll hear me ranting if beloved machine becomes stubborn !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Solitude is the best for creating.
    I am very interested to see how your architectural piece will turn out - it seems to be a different path than you usually walk? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, am very interested in how this piece will turn out ... and buildings are not my usual path at all ! So, will be interesting !

      Delete
  9. My husband is often away and people ask me if I get lonely or bored. Are you kidding me lol. I love my own company and I love being quiet with myself. It is rejuvenating.
    Annoying about the commenter. I think you can block people. Not sure how.
    Looks like an interesting project. Enjoy your time away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, how great it is to have some 'alone' time ... probably why I love house-sitting so much ! Can't imagine why some are so lost when they are alone !?
      Thanks for the suggestion !

      Delete
  10. How I envy you this peace in a beautiful, quiet spot!
    I'm fascinated by the two very different projects you are taking with you. There's work there, I suspect, for many different moods. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup ... lots of work and in 2 very different ways of sewing ... each will spell me from the other when the old eyes have had enough. I shall have fun !!!

      Delete
  11. (ha, I'm a bit late .... and going backwards ... looking good ! ;-) !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never, they say ! Thank you so much for visiting my blog !

      Delete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.