Jul 8, 2017

Esther Is Ready For Her Debut !

What a lovely week as far as weather goes ! Sunny, warm, some breeze and lovely skies.  And I mention this as we have had one of the wettest, darkest and coldest springs/summers in a long while ... so very noteworthy !
My peonies were exquisite  ... for exactly 3 days ... then the heavy rains bowed their beautiful heads.

My daughter is settled in her new home, deer and black bear are walking across her lawns and the 3 little girls are happy and excited. Daddy is glad to have his family at home (his hometown) after 5 mos. of commuting weekends to be with them here. 
Grandma is coming to terms (but, slowly yet) that they are so far away... yeah, I know !, 4 hrs is a cake-walk for some of you :( :(
And I thank you all, so much, for sharing your kind words and thoughts with me ... you words are very comforting and you are truly appreciated :) :)

Luckily for me, this week was a busy one. I finished and packaged 'Esther' for her debut in our next show ;

"RUNNING WITH FIBRE" 
by Connections Fibre Artists.
Would love it if you could join me 
at the OPENING this 
Friday, July 14, 7-9pm

Esther Irene Deacon Currie
Esther has been a more difficult piece for me. I know that my mixed emotions these last 10 months, has played a major part ... but she seems happy and I can hardly wait to see her hanging on a gallery wall. Her name 'Esther' is sewn in an arc just above the leaves (easier to read when up front and personal) and the year of her birth is written in a leaf ... can you spot it ?

And then there is this piece ... finally finished ... inspired by a photo from a friends' vacation in Costa Rica ... of a building in ruin but slated for renovations hence the attempt to close it off from traffic with what looks like re-bar.  
See Study Of A Ruin
Adding the re-bar to the surface after canvas was stretched
- re-bar is painted sticks from a sushi mat - closer-up
Study Of A Ruin
On Wednesday I joined 4 others for a lovely drive to Collingwood to have lunch at the Tremont Artists Studio Galleries with Helen, Ann, Elizabeth & Penny, on the patio. You can see our waiter's reflection in the window taking our photo ;) 
And an equally lovely drive on Friday to Stratford, Ontario with Elizabeth to deliver some pieces for the show opening there next week ... and finishing with a great lunch at the Desert Rose Cafe in Elora, Ontario !!!
Now if the next few weeks go as nicely and as quickly, I won't have a minute to spend on my achy-breaky heart ;)

2 comments:

  1. Your Esther is beautiful and I can see the 1902 on the leaf .... Love the finished "ruin" is wonderful too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Els ... I really appreciate your comments :)

      Delete

Hi ! Thanks for visiting and I hope that you can leave a comment on my blog.
I appreciate this connection to you and I will endeavour to answer you as soon as possible.
Word verification has been removed for your convenience ... it is such a mood breaker !
Sharron.